Cieszyn is a beautiful town located directly on the Polish/Czech border.It is divided into two parts by the Olza River: Cieszyn (Polish) and Český Těšín (Czech).On both local bridges there were once terrifying frontier posts full of scary-looking gentlemen in uniforms. Nowadays, both Poland and Czech Republic are members of the Schengen Agreement and travelling around both parts of the town is not a problem whatsoever.
Cieszyn is a place full of different attractions
– lovely old town with museums, bars, pubs, and cafeterias,
– hilly area perfect for skiers, snowboarders and simply hikers
– famous local brewery with the most popular lager – BRACKIE
– czech side with very local czech and silesian bars (czech beer and food!)
– lot of annual cultural events.
Cieszyn became a popular transit place for all backpackers travelling from Krakow to Prague (or Prague to Krakow).
All the ones, who wants to save a lot of money on travel catching buses to Krakow (from the Cieszyn bus station), or trains to Prague (from the Czech train station).
>> HOW TO GET TO PRAGUE FROM KRAKOW? (throug Cieszyn)
TRAINS FROM PRAGUE TO CZECH CIESZYN (CESKY TESIN)
Czech National Train
TRAINS FROM CZECH CIESZYN (CESKY TESIN) TO PRAGUE
BUSES FROM KRAKOW TO CIESZYN
BUSES FROM CIESZYN TO KRAKOW
BUSES FROM CIESZYN TO KATOWICE
BUSES FROM KATOWICE TO CIESZYN